The Debt Arrangement Scheme lets you apply for a debt payment programme (DPP) which helps you repay your debts by making affordable monthly payments, this is only available in Scotland.
Pros and Cons of a DAS
- You have piece of mind as Interest and charges are frozen at the date of the DAS
- Companies and people you owe money to cannot make contact with you or take any recoveries action against you
- Your contribution is based on what you can reasonably afford
- Remaining debt is written off at the end of the arrangement
- Terms of the DAS are flexible if circumstances change
Things to consider
- You must pay back the total amount of your unsecured debts
- You will be added to the DAS register (but removed 3 months after the DAS ends)
- Your credit rating will be affected for 6 years
- There are set up and handling fees, taken from your monthly payment
- CCJ debts, and secured debts will not be written off
To find out more, simply call us today on our free phone number 0121 325 3800 or fill in the Call back form and we’ll call you back.
Fee are payable with a Debt Arrangement Scheme, please refer to our terms of business for a full fee review.